Sometimes, try as we might, we run into a period when we feel our progress developing our psychic abilities gets “stuck.” How can we un-stick it?
Below are some more blocks you might be experiencing and some advice to help you remove them so that you get back on track!
1. Spending too much time in your Left brain. Psychic information is most often received telepathically via the right or creative side of the brain. Spending too much of your day on logical, left brain work can become a block to receiving it. To remove this block, focus on doing some creative work - draw, paint, make or listen to music, dance or sing - on a regular basis. In the words of Matisyahu, “Music has always been such an amazing tool for me to access self and emotion.”
2. Worrying about the future. Time spent fretting over what tomorrow might bring fills your head with words and also makes you anxious. The goal is to be present “in the present,” clearing your mind of so many words and the anxiety that goes with it. Sometimes this is a challenge, but remember the quote by Buddha, “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”
3. Not making amends with the past. Similar to spending too much time in the future, we can also fill our heads with unresolved issues in our past. The key to removing this block is forgiveness. Work on forgiving others for their past actions or behavior and forgive yourself for carrying the issues of the past with you all this time. A quote from Bernard Meltzer says it all, “When you forgive, you in no way change the past - but you sure do change the future.”
4. Focusing on the form. Psychic information comes to us in a multitude of forms. We may hear words or numbers (clairaudience), see it clairvoyantly, simply know the information (claircognizance), feel the emotions behind it (clairsentience), or perhaps through smell (clairscent), taste (clairgustance) or touch (clairtangency). Often we are unknowingly gifted with several of these abilities, so concentrating only on one can become a block to the others. It’s best to pay less attention to the form that the information comes in and spend more effort on being open to the message in whatever form it may take. Musician Holly Near said it quite well, “Part of keeping space open is not to try to choose a form - to spend more time thinking about content, and let form take care of itself.”
5. Not finding your Tribe. Having a safe space in which to share your psychic development journey is key to making rapid progress. Find others that share your interest in developing their psychic abilities to remove this block. Here’s how Drew Barrymore expressed it, “I work with the people I love, I travel with them, I make films with them, and I'm in an office with them. So in a weird way...I feel that I'm a part of creating a family. It's a tribe. I love that word.”
6. Blocking the flow. Sometimes when we’re trying too hard to make something happen, we inadvertently block the flow of information. This is especially true when trying to improve our psychic abilities. Learning to let the information, feelings, sights and sounds flow to you is an important part of the process. As Zhuangzi states, “Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.This is the ultimate.”
Once you’ve tried to remove some of these blocks, ask yourself, “How did it work?” or “What did I learn about myself or my abilities by doing these activities?” Record the answers to these questions in your intuitive development or regular journal. This allows you to reflect on them at a future date.
Thanks for coming to my page and checking out my blog!
Carol A. Pollio, Ph.D.